Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Arrival

It has been a long time since I last made an entry here, as the timestamps would attest to. Only recently have I had the time to sit down and think. As some of you may know, I've been on assignment in Austin for a month now. Five more long months to go before I get back to the Motherland. The closeness of the office to our apartment and the office work schedule (most people usually go home at 5) allow me more free time than I'm used to.

Anyway, I arrived here on the eve of March 24 after a grueling 24+ hour trip. My body was tired and aching from the journey, and my mind wide awake from the confusion brought about by jet lag. I stepped out into the thin, crisp outdoor air of Austin for the first time and thought, "I should have worn a thicker jacket..."

No comments: